Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Enjoying the Nook....

Seems like every time I try to read, someone (namely my husband) interrupts me! For instance, we were driving from our house to Lafayette yesterday (an hour's drive) and we had chatted for a bit, then he turned up the radio. Good clue for me to pull out the Nook. So I did. I picked up where I left off in The Help, and after he interruped me for the fourth time, I put the Nook back in my bag.

Then he said, "Oh, were you reading? I'll just not talk then." Which of course he SAYS he will do, then never does! Conversing with my husband is important, and we do talk a lot (maybe more than other couples do), but I really did want to 'get into' this book.

Yesterday afternoon, however, we were at my daughter's house. We had fixed dinner for all of us, and we were waiting for Hilary and Landon to come home from work/babysitter. Blaine had a call out (he is a firefighter/EMT) so he would be home later. Quiet house. Gary was reading the paper. I pulled out the Nook, once again. Later I got in some reading time before falling asleep. This book is really good. I am captured. I love it! One of these days I will find the time to just sit back in the wicker chair in the sunroom, glass of iced tea on the table, reading my Nook. I can't wait.

Of course, sunshine is needed to REALLY enjoy the sunroom. One of these days.......

No comments:

Post a Comment